June 27, 2012

Day Date at Santana Row

A couple of months ago, Tanner and I decided it was time for a date. We sometimes forget us married couples need that once in a while. So, we hopped in the car and made our way to Santana Row in San Jose. But, not without the proper hydration first...


On a side note, Tanner has gotten me hooked on Red Bull. I always used to think they were disgusting. I was also afraid I would start to feel my heart palpitating if I drank one. But, lately, I've started to love them. Actually, I have them rarely enough to say that I love them. So, just on special occasions I love them. :) 

Anyway, Santana Row is this neat outdoor shopping/dining experience. I've only been there one other time and when we do go, most of the time we just window shop. But it's fun just to walk down the streets, lined with beautiful flowers, lights, and comfy seating areas. You can even play a life-size game of chess!




The best store we visited was the Tesla Motors exhibit. Although I'm still a bit skeptical, I have to admit it was pretty awesome.

We decided to have an early dinner on the patio of Pizza Antica. We enjoyed fried artichokes, caesar salad, and pizza (of course). Pretty delicious (although my fave is still Amici's). 




After walking off our dinner, we started to panic (yes, panic) because if we drove back home, we would miss the Lakers/OKC game on TV. This was one we could.not.miss. Fortunately, the Row has an outdoor bar. 


After a hecka long wait, we caught the second half of the game as we sipped on some virgin mojitos and watched the Lakers dominate the Thunder. Tanner was pissed. 


Despite the outcome of the game, we had a great time eating and strolling the streets. 
Here's to hoping Arizona has cool places like this...

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love santana row! and yes, arizona does have cool places like this. I am excited to show them to you! ;)

Faye said...

Makes me want to go there again soon.

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs