June 11, 2011

Celebrating 80 Years!!

Yesterday, Tanner and I had the opportunity to celebrate Grandpa Wayne's 80th birthday!

The night started off with an amazingly yummy dinner!  I love dinner over at the Hunt's...there's always great food, good conversation and lots of laughing!  

After dinner, Wayne was surprised with messages, pictures, and videos of some of his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren that couldn't be there.  I thought that was probably the most special part of the night.  What a treasure to know just how much you are loved!!

As a part of Faye's wonderful creativity, we then played a game (see video below) where we would try to answer questions about Wayne's life.  And to make it a little interesting, there was money involved...the Hunts really know how to come up with good games. :)  

                                            
Money aside, it was really a cool idea.  I loved listening to Wayne talk about his life and the places he'd been.  And the pictures he has of some of those places are priceless.  Tanner and I hope to be as much of a world traveler as he is!!  The night was topped off with a beautiful cake, more stories, and a lot more laughing!! I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else! 
Happy Birthday, Wayne! We are so glad we were able to share this special day with you!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Great post, Jos! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with all you guys! We miss all of you lots!

Faye said...

Love your post Josie - so glad you guys took that video - very cool!

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs